Monday, February 29, 2016

Serenity all around: Buddha Decor at my home




Hello Guys,

So this weekend is almost over and as usual I got an opportunity to work on crafts which I don't get a chance during weekdays. Being a lazybones, having relaxing morning tea on Saturdays, I always brain storm homemade ideas to be happy, sometimes for me and sometimes for my home and this time I thought to add some more positivity in my home. 

Irrespective of your spiritual beliefs, having a special place in your home reserved for quiet introspection, spiritual connection and reflection can nourish your soul.I am obsessed by Buddha and this obsession would be reflected in my this home décor. 

Having an empty corner at your home always gives you so many ideas and you play so much with it to 'Blendin' with your home. Just at the entrance of my home, I have a door which is permanently closed and I was planning from so long to work on it but was not getting chance. So finally,I arranged Buddha statue with small tea light candles around it created such a positive era at my home.

This Buddha statue, I bought from a pottery shop around 2 months back, but I was not getting chance to paint it. A coat of varnish and two coats of spray paint made my sculpture glossy.Although you can get Buddha statue from any gallery or  home décor shops but I wanted to buy a raw one and paint it myself. I always find happiness in painting things myself rather than buying it ready-made because that always gives your kinda touch to your décor, isnt that?

Placing anything on mirror is always add on to the beauty of the thing and by painting the edges of an old mirror(again with golden spray paint) enhanced my Buddha statue grace. Added some old glass pebbles as well.





This wooden carving Buddha meditating eyes amplified the vibes being produced in this area. These generous eyes fulfils the spiritual need of my soul, relax me and de- cutter all the mental tension.



Adding the fragrances is such a great way to add positivity and make you feel so refreshed so I used scented tea light candles and used multiple candle holders.

I used my DIY dried bush as well for this décor.




With this positive energy around, I am ready to sparkle for another week. Blissful weekend gone with a lovely ending.

Hope you enjoy this post. Do let me know in the comment section below. Till then be inspired,create your happiness and SPARKLE.

Sayonara !!





4 comments:

  1. Good job .... nice read for peasure of soul ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good read, keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. printable wall art

    ReplyDelete